Rice: 1 cup (Preferably Sona Masoori)
Onion(small): 1 chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Mixed vegetables: 1 cup chopped (Beans, Carrot, Potato, Peas, Cauliflower)
Mint leaves: 1 handful chopped
Bay leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 2'' piece
Star Anise: 2
Salt to taste
Grind to paste:
Coconut powder: 1/2 cup
Green chilli: 4-5 or according to taste
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Ginger: 1'' piece
Cinnamon: 1'' piece
Coriander leaves: 5-6 strands
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and star anise.
2. Add chopped onion, mint leaves and salt. Saute for 2 mins.
3. Add tomato and grinded paste. Fry for 2-3 mins.
4. Add chopped vegetables and rice and fry for 2 mins. There is no need to wait until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add 1 and half cups water. Close the pressure cooker and cook on low heat.
6. Serve with Raitha.