Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Puri Uppittu / Puri oggarane
Puri/ kadle Puri: 3 cups
Onion(small): 1/2 chopped
Green chilli: 2 ( cut it lengthwise)
Peanuts: 1 tbspn
Channa dal: 1 tspn
Lemon juice: 1 tspn
Turmeric Powder: Pinch
Oil: 1 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Cumin seeds(Jeera): Pinch
Curry leaves: 3-4
Coconut powder: 1 tspn
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Soak puri in water for about 2-3 mins. Drain out the water and hold a handful of puri in hand and squeeze out water by pressing it. keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add channa dal, peanuts and fry until light brown in color.
3. Now add onion, curry leaves, green chilli, turmeric powder and salt. saute for 2 mins.
4. Add puri and fry for 2 mins. Switch off the flame.
5. Add lemon juice and coconut powder. Mix well.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.