Sunday, August 7, 2011
Chickpeas and Aloo Curry
Chickpeas: 2 cups
Potato: 2 (Peeled and chopped into 1'' piece)
Onion( medium): 1 ( chopped)
Turmeric Powder: pinch
Chilli Powder: 1/2 tspn or according to taste
Coconut Powder: 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves: 5-6 strands
To Dry Roast:
Coriander seeds: 2 tbspn
Cumin seeds: 1 tbspn
Black Peppercorns: 1 tspn
Poppy seeds(gasagase): 1 tspn
Cinnamon: 2'' piece
1. Soak Chickpeas for 4-5 hrs or overnight.
2. Roast the ingredients listed for dry roast one by one. keep it aside.
3. Grind together roasted ingredients, coconut powder, chilli powder, tomato, 1/2 onion, coriander leaves using enough water. Keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a Pressure cooker, add chopped onion, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for a min.
5. Add grinded masala and fry for 2 mins.
6. Add chopped potato and chickpeas. Add 1 cup water and adjust the consistency. check for salt. Close the lid and cook for 1 whistle.
7. Serve with Roti, Puri or Rice.