Friday, August 5, 2011
Mushroom: 1 pack ( roughly chopped)
Potato: 2 ( chopped into cubes) optional
Onion(small): 1 (chopped)
Garlic: 4-5 cloves
Coriander seeds: 2-3 tbspn
Cumin(Jeera): 1/2 tbspn
Black Pepper: 1 tspn
Chilli Powder: 1 tspn or according to taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tspn
Coriander leaves: 5-6 strands
Coconut Powder: 3/4 cup
Fennel seeds: 1/4 tspn
Garam Masala: 1/4 tspn
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black pepper.
2. In the same pan, add a tspn of oil and fry onion until light brown in color. Add turmeric powder and fry.
3. In a blender, add roasted ingredients, onion, tomatoes, garlic, coriander leaves, coconut powder, fennel seeds and chilli powder. Grind it to a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mushrooms and potato. Fry for 2 mins.
5. Add the grinded masala, salt. Add water if required.
6. Cook until done.
7. Serve with Roti or Rice.