Toor dal: 1/2 cup
Onion(small): 1/2 ( cut it lengthwise)
Sambar Powder: 1 tspn
Turmeric Powder: Pinch
Oil: 1 tspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Cumin(jeera): 1/4 tspn
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Coconut powder: 1 tspn (Optional)
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Pressure cook toor dal, onion, tomato, turmeric with 3-4 cups of water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and cumin.
3. Add pressure coooked dal mixture.
4. Add sambar powder and salt.
5. Boil for 5 mins.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.