Whole green moong dal: 1 cup
Water: 4 cups
Green chilli: 4-5
Tamarind pulp: 1/2 of small lemon size
Cumin(Jeera): 1/4 tspn
Black Pepper: 10-12
Coriander leaves: 4-5 strands
Onion(small): 1/2 ( chopped)
Oil: 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Red chilli: 2
Curry leaves: 4-5
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook whole moong dal, salt and green chilli in 4 cups of water ( 1 whistle is enough)
2. Drain out the water in a bowl and keep it aside.
3. Grind 4 tbspn of cooked dal, green chilli, garlic, coriander leaves, black pepper and cumin using less water.
4. Add this paste to drained water bowl and stir well.
5. Soak tamarind in enough water and extract thick liquid.
6. Add this to bowl and mix well. check for salt.
7. Serve with Ragi mudde and Rice.
Ingredients for Palya:
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When mustard starts to splutter, add onion, red chilli and curry leaves.
2. Add cooked moong dal and stir well. switch off the flame.
3. Serve as a side dish.