Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Akki Roti (Coorg Style)
Rice Flour: 2 cups
Cooked rice: 1 cup
Water to knead the dough
Salt to taste
1. Microwave cooked rice until hot. Mash it very well using a spoon.
2. Add rice flour, salt and mix well.
3. Add water little at a time and knead the dough like a chapathi dough.
4. Take a plastic paper and apply oil. Take a lemon sized ball out of the dough and coat it in rice flour and place it on the plastic paper.
5. Gently press using palm and make a round roti.
6. Heat tawa on medium heat and place roti . Let it cook for 2-3 mins on low heat. Turn it over and increase to high heat. Put it on grill or direct flame. This roti will puff up if the dough is kneaded well.
7. Serve with chutney or any curry.