Monday, April 2, 2012
Carrot Obbattu/ Carrot Poli
Wheat Flour: 3/4 cup
Maida/ All purpose flour: 1/4 cup
Water to knead the dough
Carrot: 2 cups grated
Dates: 3 chopped ( Optional)
Sugar: according to taste
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tspn
Ghee: 3 tbspn
Oil: 1 tbspn
Extra Wheat flour for dusting
Ghee for pan frying
1. Mix wheat flour, maida and salt in a bowl.
2. Add oil and mix to incorporate the oil into the flour.
3. Add enough water to form a dough. Knead it well. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 mins.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and add grated carrot . cook till soft.
5. Now add cardamom powder, sugar and dates. Fry for another 2-3 mins.
6. Make small balls out of the filling and keep it aside.
7. Heat tawa on medium heat.
8. Divide the dough into equal parts. Make small balls and flatten them.
9. Roll out the dough into a small disc. Place the filling in the center of the disc.
10. Wrap the dough around the mixture to form a small ball. Dip the ball into wheat flour and roll into a roti.
11. Place this on tawa and spread ghee on the top.
12. Flip the poli on the other side and apply ghee. cook on both sides.
13. Serve hot with ghee.