Sunday, August 7, 2011
Mutton: 1 kg
Onion(large): 1 ( chopped)
Coriander Powder: 2 tbspn
Chilli Powder: 1 tbspn or according to taste
Cumin Powder: 1 tbspn
Black Peppercorns: 20
Cumin seeds(Jeera): 1 tbspn
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Lemon Juice: 2 tbspn
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2 tbspn
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Green chilli: 2-3 (cut it lengthwise)
Mint Leaves: 1 handful (chopped)
Coriander Leaves: 7-8 strands (chopped)
Garlic : 4 cloves
Cinnamon: 2'' piece
Bay leaf: 1
Oil: 3 tbspn
Butter: 3 tbspn
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves.
2. Add onion, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for a min.
3. Add mint leaves and fry for a min.
4. Now add chopped Mutton and 3 cups of water. Close the lid and pressure cook until Mutton is cooked.
5. Crush cumin seeds, peppercorns and garlic in a pestle. Keep it aside.
6. Heat butter in a pan, add crushed cumin, black peppercorns and garlic mixture. Fry for 10 sec.
7. Now add coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder. fry for 15 sec.
8. Add this mixture to Mutton and stir well.
9. Cook for 10 mins. Adjust salt. Switch off the flame.
10. Add lemon juice and stir well.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve with Roti or Rice.