Friday, August 12, 2011
Bendekai(Okra): 7-8 ( chop into 1'' piece)
Toor dal: 1/4 cup
Tamarind: small piece
Dalia split(Hurigadle): 1/2 tspn
Sambar Powder: 1 tbspn
Coconut Powder: 4-5 tbspn
Coriander Leaves: 5-6 strands
Oil: 2 tspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 4-5
Salt to taste
1. Cook toor dal in 2 cups of water.
2. Grind together coconut powder, onion, tomato, tamarind, sambar powder,hurigadle, coriander leaves using enough water.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
4. Add grinded masala and fry for a min.
5. Add cooked toor dal along with water.
6. Boil for 5 mins.
7. Add chopped okra and cook until done.
8. Serve with Rice.