Thursday, March 15, 2012
Kidney Beans and Palak Curry
Kidney Beans: 1 cup
Palak leaves/ spinach: 2 cups chopped
Tomato: 2 chopped
Garlic: 2-3 cloves lightly crushed
Ginger: 1/2 '' piece grated
Turmeric Powder: Pinch
Coriander Powder: 1 tspn
Cumin Powder: 1 tspn
Amchoor Powder; 1/4 tspn (Optional)
Chilli Powder: 1/2 tspn or according to taste
Oil: 1 tbspn
Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 3-4
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook kidney beans until soft.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, garlic and ginger.
3. Add chopped tomato and Palak leaves. Saute for few mins.
4. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder and chilli powder. Fry for a min.
5. Add this mixture to pressure cooked kidney beans.
6. Boil for few mins.
7. Serve hot with Rice or Chapathi.