Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Radish in yoghurt sauce
Yoghurt/Curd: 2-3 cups (well beaten)
Radish(big): 1 (grated)
Onion(small): 1 chopped
Oil: 1 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Curry Leaves: 4-5
Salt to taste
Coconut Powder: 3-4 tbspn
Garlic: 3-4 cloves
Poppy seeds(gasagase): 1 tbspn (Roasted)
Coriander leaves: 4-5 strands
Green chilli: 1-2 or according to taste
Dhalia split (Hurigadle):1 tbspn
1. Grind the Ingredients listed above to a smooth paste.
2. Add this paste to yoghurt and mix well.
3. Add grated radish.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin, curry leaves, asafoetida and onion. Saute for 2-3 mins.
5. Allow it to cool.
6. Add this tempering to yoghurt sauce and mix well.
7. Serve as a side dish or with rice.