Sunday, July 31, 2011
whole urad dal: 1 cup
Kidney Beans: 1/4 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 1/2 tbspn
Coriander Powder: 1/2 tbspn
Red chilli Powder: 1/2 tbspn or according to your taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Garam Masala: 1/4 tspn
Butter: 1/4 stick
Oil: 3-4 tbspn
Cumin(jeera): 1/2 tspn
Cinnamon: 1'' piece
Bay leaf: 1
1. Soak Whole urad dal and kidney beans for about 4-5 hrs. Drain out the water. Pressure cook dal for 2 whistles or until done with 4-5 cups of water.
2. Make a puree out of tomato and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and cumin.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry until raw smell disappears.
5. Now add tomato puree and cook for 3-4 mins.
6. Add coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
7. Add butter and close the lid. Cook for 2 mins.
8. Add cooked dal mixture. cook on low heat.
9. Add garam masala.
10. Serve with Roti, Naan or Rice.
This dal tastes good when done in slow cooker.