Thursday, July 28, 2011
Tamarind: Lemon sized ball (Soak in 1 cup of water)
Rice : 1 cup (preferably Sona Masoori)
Onion(small): 1 ( chopped)
Red chilli: 2
Peanuts: 2 tbspn
Channa dal: 1 tbspn
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tspn
Jaggery: 2 tbspn or according to taste
Oil: 3-4 tbspn
Mustard Seeds: 1/4 tspn
Salt to taste
Cumin seeds: 3 tbspn
Methi seeds: 1/4 tspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
1. Cook rice in 1 and half cups of water. keep it aside (It should not be mushy).
2. Dry roast cumin seeds, methi seeds and mustard seeds. Powder it together.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, channa dal and peanuts. Fry until light brown in color.
4. Add onion, salt, turmeric and curry leaves.
5. Add tamarind juice and jaggery. Boil for 10 mins or until it reduces to half.
6. Now add the powder and mix well.
7. Add coconut powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Add required quantity of gojju to the rice. Mix well.