Thursday, July 28, 2011
Khara Kadle Puri (Spicy Puffed Rice)
Puffed Rice: 2 cups
Red chilli: 2-3
Oil: 1 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Cumin: 1/4 tspn
Curry Leaves: 5-6
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Red chilli Powder: according to your taste
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
2. Add Cumin, red chilli, asafoetida and curry leaves.
3. Add Peanuts, Garlic and Kadle. Fry until light brown in color.
4. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
5. Now add Puffed rice and mix well.
6. Store in air tight container.
7. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or Tea.