Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Red Chori and Palak Curry
Red Chori : 1 cup ( Soaked overnight)
Palak(Spinach): 2 cups ( chopped)
Onion(Small): 1 ( chopped)
Tomato: 1( chopped)
Red chilli Powder: 1 tspn
Coriander Powder: 1 tbspn
Garam Masala: 1 tspn
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 tbspn
Turmeric Powder: pinch
Cumin( Jeera): 1/2 tspn
Oil: 2-3 tbspn
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook the soaked Red chori, palak, onion and tomato adding enough salt. ( Do not overcook)
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and ginger-garlic paste. Roast until light brown in color.
3. Add the cooked red chori and palak mixture.
4. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala powder. Mix well.
5. Cover with a lid and cook for a while.
6. Serve with Roti or Rice.