Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Rajma (Kidney Beans Curry)
Kidney Beans: 2 cups ( Soaked overnight)
Onion(medium): 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato: 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger: 1/2'' piece ( grated)
Green chilli: 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic: 4-5 ( roughly chopped)
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Chilli Powder: 1 tspn
Coriander Powder: 1 tbspn
Cumin Powder: 1 tspn
Amchoor Powder: 1 tspn
Garam Masala: 1/2 tspn
Sugar: 1 tbspn
Oil: 3 tbspn
Cinnamon: 1'' piece
Bay leaf: 1
Cumin(jeera): 1/2 tspn
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Pressure cook kidney beans until soft. do not overcook.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cloves, cardomom, cinnamon and cumin.
3. Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for 2 mins.
4. Add tomato and fry till soft.
5. Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and amchoor powder. Mix well.
6. Add sugar and cooked kidney beans. Cook for 5 mins on low heat.
7. Add garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve with Roti, Naan or Rice.