Maida: 1 cup
Wheat Flour: 1/2 cup
Oil: 1 tspn
Water to knead the dough
1. Mix all the ingredients listed above and knead the dough like chapathi dough. Allow it to rest for 15-30 mins.
Ingredients for Filling:
Rava(medium): 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Ghee: 3-4 tbspn
Cardomom Powder: 1/4 tspn
Dry coconut Powder: 1 tbspn ( Optional)
Water: 2 cups
1. Roast the rava on medium heat.
2. Add water to rava and mix well. Cover and let it cook .
3. Add ghee, cardomom powder, sugar and dry coconut powder(optional) and mix well. Allow it to cool.
1. Take a small ball out of the dough and roll into a small disc. Place a small ball of filling on the center and cover with a dough as shown below. Roll it like chapathi dusting little four in between to prevent it from sticking.
2. Heat tava and fry polis on both the sides and apply ghee.
3. Serve hot.
NOTE: This recipe makes about 10 polis.