Saturday, July 30, 2011
Chicken Curry from Vahchef
Chicken: 2 kg
Poppy seeds(gasagase): 3-4 tbspn
Coconut Powder: 1 cup
Onion(small): 1 (chopped)
Red chilli Powder: 1 tbspn or according to your taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tspn
Coriander Powder: 1 tbspn
Curry leaves: 5-6
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2 tbspn
Cumin seeds: 1/4 tspn
Black Peppercorns: 10
Cinnamon: 2'' piece
Oil: 4-5 tbspn
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Dry roast Poppy seeds and Coconut Powder. Grind it together using enough water. keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add cinnamon, cloves, cardomom and cumin(jeera).
3. Add onion, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, salt and turmeric. Fry until onion turns light brown in color.
4. Now add poppy seeds-coconut paste. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 2 mins.
5. Add coriander powder and chilli powder. Mix well.
6. Now add chicken and cook on medium heat until done.
7. Crush the black peppercorns and add it to chicken curry.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve with Rice or Roti.