Monday, July 25, 2011
Bisi Bele Bhath
Rice: 3/4 cup
Toor dal: 1 cup
Water: 6 cups
Mixed Vegetables: 1 cup (Beans, Carrot, Potato, Peas)
Onion(medium): 1 chopped
Tomato: 1 (chopped)
Ginger: 2'' piece (do not grate)
Tamarind: small lemon sized ball soaked in 1/2 cup of water
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tspn
Coriander leaves: 4-5 strands (chopped)
Jaggery: 3 tbspn
Oil: 5-6 tbspn
Ghee: 5-6 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Red chilli: 2-3
Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Ingredients for BBB Powder:
Coriander seeds(dhania): 2 tbspn
Channa Dal: 1 tbspn
Urad dal: 1 tbspn
Red chilli: 8-10
Cinnamon: 2'' piece
Marathi Moggu: 2
Dry Kopra: 1/4 cup
Black Pepper: 1 tbspn
Methi Seeds: 1/4 tspn
Cumin seeds: 1 tspn
1. Heat a tspn of ghee in a pan and roast the ingredients listed for powder one by one. Grind together using little water. keep it aside.
2. Pressure cook rice, toor dal, peanuts, turmeric powder, ginger using 6 cups of water.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add onion and fry till light golden brown in color.
4. Add chopped vegetables, tomato and salt. cook for 2 mins.
5. Now add tamarind water and let it boil.
6. Add the grinded paste, Jaggery and cook for sometime.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves .
8. Mix this with rice- dal mixture. Stir well.
9. Heat remaining oil and ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and red chilli. Pour this over rice-dal mixture. mix well.
10. Serve hot with Boondi.