Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Avalakki(Thick): 2 cups
Onion(small): 1/2 ( chopped)
Channa dal: 1 tspn
Peanuts: 1 tspn
Oil: 3-4 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Cumin(Jeera): 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 4-5
Coriander leaves: 5-6 sprig ( chopped)
Coconut powder: 1 tspn
Lemon juice: 1-2 tbspn
1. Heat oil a pan, add mustard seeds. When mustard starts to splutter, add channa dal and peanuts. Fry for a min.
2. Add onion, cumin, green chilli, curry leaves, salt and turmeric. saute for 2 mins.
3. Soak Avalakki(Poha) in water for 2mins. Drain out the water.
4. Add avalakki and mix well. Cook for 2 mins.
5. Add coconut powder and lemon juice. Mix well.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.