Thursday, June 30, 2011
Palak Paratha- Type 2
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Palak leaves: 1 cup ( finely chopped)
Turmeric powder: pinch
Ajwain: pinch ( optional)
Green chilli: 2-3 ( finely chopped)
salt to taste
oil for cooking
Water to knead the dough
1. In a bowl, add flour, ajwain, turmeric, tbspn of oil and salt and mix well. Add enough water to knead the dough. Cover and allow it to rest it for 20 mins.
2. Take a small ball out of the dough and roll it into a small disc. Place a tbspn of chopped palak leaves and green chilli( depending on your spice level) on the rolled chapathi. Pull the edges together and seal the ends and turn it over as shown below.
3. Roll it into a medium sized chapathi dusting little flour in between, to prevent it from sticking.
4. Heat tava on medium heat. Place the rolled paratha on tava and spread a tspn of oil.
5. Turn it over and cook on other side.
6. serve with yoghurt or curry or Subzi.