Thursday, June 30, 2011
Palak Paratha- Type 1
chapathi flour: 2 cups
Palak leaves: 1 cup
Red chilli Powder (depending on spice level)
Ajwain: pinch( Optional)
Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
water to knead the dough
Oil for cooking
salt to taste
1. In a bowl, add flour, ajwain, salt and a tbspn of oil and mix well. Keep it aside.
2. Blend palak, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder to a fine paste.
3. Add this paste to chapathi flour and knead it well adding enough water to form chapathi dough. Cover and allow it to rest it for 20 mins.
4. Heat tava on medium heat.
5. Divide the dough into small balls. Coat each one with the flour and roll them into a medium sized chapathi.
6. Place this on tava and spread a tspn of oil. turn it over and let the other side cook.
7. Follow the steps for the remaining dough and make the parathas.
8. Serve with yoghurt or any subzi or with any curry.