Thursday, June 30, 2011
Brinjal and Potato Palya
Potato(medium): 2 (peeled and chopped)
Indian Brinjal: 2 ( chopped)
onion(small): 1/4 ( chopped)
Green chilli: 2
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
cumin seeds(jeera): pinch
Curry leaves: 5-6
Channa dal: 1 tspn
Coconut powder: 1 tbspn
Garam masala powder: 1/2 tspn
coriander leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When mustard starts to splutter, add jeera and curry leaves.
2. Add channa dal and fry till light brown in color.
3. Add onion, green chilli and salt. saute for a min.
4. Add chopped potato first and fry for 2mins.
5. Now add chopped brinjal and cook till done.
6. Add garam masala powder.
7. Add coconut powder and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. goes well with chapathi, Dosa or Roti.