Sunday, June 12, 2011
Mullangi(Radish): 2 (Peeled and cut into round )
Toor dal: 1/2 cup
Onion(medium): 1/2 (cut it lengthwise)
Tomato: 1(finely chopped)
Tamarind extract:1 tbspn
Sambar powder: 2 tbspn
Tumeric powder: pinch
Coriander leaves to garnish
Oil: 2-3 tbpsn
Mustard seeds:1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
1. Wash toor dal and add 4-5 cups of water, turmeric, tomato and radish. Pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Allow it to cool.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, jeera, Asafoetida(hing) and curry leaves.
3. Add onion and saute it for 2-3 mins till soft.
4. Add the pressure cooked dal mixture.
5. Add tamarind extract and sambar powder. Boil for 5 mins.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.