Whole moong: 1 cup
Water: 3 cups
Onion: 1/4 ( finely chopped)
Tomato: 1(finely chopped)
Green chilli: 1(finely chopped)
Ginger and garlic paste: 1 tbpsn
Turmeric: 1/4 tspn
Coriander powder: 1/2 tspn
Garam masala: 1/4 tspn
Oil: 2 tbspn
Cumin( jeera): 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Coriander leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Soak the dal for about an hour (if you are in a hurry, pressure cook for 2 whistles).
2. Add dal, salt, 3 cups of water in pressure cooker. Cook for 1 whistle or until mushy.
3. Heat oil in pan, add jeera and curry leaves.
4. Add onion, turmeric, green chilli and ginger-garlic paste and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add tomato and fry for sometime.
6. Add Coriander powder.
7. Add moong and boil for few mins.
8. Sprinkle garam masala
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve with Roti or Rice.