Sunday, June 12, 2011
Bendekai Palya ( Bhendi subzi)- type 1
Onion(medium): 1/2 ( finely chopped)
Tomato(medium): 1/2 (finely chopped)
Tamarind extract: 1 tbspn
Sambar Powder: 1 tspn
Coconut Powder: 1 tbspn
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
Oil: 2-3 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves: 1 sprig
1. Wash the Bhendi and allow it to dry. Chop it to your desired shape.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and allow it to crackle. Add curry leaves, onion and salt. Saute it for 2-3 mins.
3. Add tomato and fry for sometime.
4. Add chopped bhendi and tamarind extract. Cover and cook for few mins.
5. Now add sambar powder and cook until done.
6. Add coconut powder and garnish with coriander leaves.