Idli Rava: 1 cup
Water: 2.5 cups
Coconut Powder: 1/2 cup
Ginger: 1 tspn grated
Green chilli: 2-3 chopped finely
Oil: 1 tbspn
Urad dal: 1 tbspn
Mustard Seeds: 1 tspn
Methi Seeds: 1/4 tspn
Curry leaves: 4-5 chopped finely
Coriander leaves: 1 handful chopped
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add oil. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter then add urad dal and fry till light brown in color.
2. Add methi seeds, curry leaves, green chilli and ginger. fry for 30 sec.
3. Now add 2.5 cups water and allow it to boil.
4. Add idli rava, salt and stir continously until the water has evaporated.
5. Add coconut powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well. Switch off the flame.
6. Let it cool a bit and apply oil on your palms and make small balls out of the dough and make a hole in the middle.
7. Grease idli plates and arrange these small balls then steam cook for 10 mins like idlis.
8. Serve hot with Chutney.