Monday, December 19, 2011
Eggplant: 1 lb approx
Onion(medium): 1 chopped
Tomato(medium): 2 chopped
Peas: 1/2 cup
Garlic: 3-4 cloves lightly crushed
Ginger: 1 tspn grated
Coriander Powder: 1 tspn
Amchoor Powder: 1/4 tspn
Cumin Powder: 1/2 tspn
Chilli Powder: 1/4 tspn or according to taste
Garam masala: 1/4 tspn
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Oil: 2 tbspn
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, rub a little oil on eggplant and bake it for about 45 mins, turning the sides every 15 mins.
2. Allow it to cool and peel off the skin. Chop the eggplant into small pieces and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add asafoetida, onion, peas, curry leaves, salt and turmeric powder. Give it a good stir and let it cook till onions turns translucent.
4. Add ginger and crushed garlic and cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till the oil separates from the mixture.
6. Add coriander powder, amchoor powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well.
7. Now add chopped eggplant pieces and cook on medium heat.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve with Roti, Chapathi, Parathas or Naan.