Monday, November 28, 2011
Aloo Achar / Potato Pickle
Potato: 3 (Boiled and cubed) Make sure it is not over boiled
Green chilli: 1
Sesame seeds: 1/4 cup
Chilli Powder: 1/4 tspn or according to taste
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Methi seeds: 8-10
Lemon juice: 3-4 tbspn (freshly squeezed)
Oil: 3 tbspn
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Roast the sesame seeds until light brown in color and powder it. keep it aside.
2. Take a bowl, add cubed potatoes and sesame seeds powder.
3. Add chilli powder, salt, lemon juice, green chilli and coriander leaves.
4. Heat oil in a pan and when hot, add methi seeds and turmeric powder. Switch off the flame. Immediately pour this over potato mixture and mix well.
5. Serve with Roti or as a sidedish