Monday, November 7, 2011
Rice Flour: 1 cup
Maida: 1 cup
Chiroti Rava(Fine Rava): 1 cup
Sesame Seeds: 1 tspn (Roasted)
Butter: 3-4 tbspn
Baking Soda: Pinch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Cumin Seeds(Jeera): 1 tbspn (Roasted)
Black Peppercorns: 1 tspn (Roasted)
Dry Coconut(Kobbari): 1/2 cup
Green chilli: 4-5 or according to taste
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Coriander leaves: 6-7 strands
1. In a bowl, add rice flour, maida and chiroti rava. Add sesame seeds, butter and salt. Mix well.
2. Grind the ingredients listed above using less water.
3. Add this paste to rice flour mixture and knead well. Add water if required while kneading.
4. Take a small portion of the dough and roll on a smooth surface into a string and join the ends together to form a circle.
5. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and deep fry the kodbale until light brown in color. Drain on paper towel.
6. Store in air tight container.