Monday, September 19, 2011
Sprouts: 1 cup ( I used Horse gram sprouts)
Rice: 1 cup
Onion(medium): 1 chopped
Ginger-Garlic Paste: 1 tbspn
Coriander Powder: 1 tbspn
Cumin Powder: 1 tspn
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tspn
Chilli Powder: 1/2 tspn or according to taste
Yoghurt(Curd): 1 tbspn
Lemon Juice: 1 tbspn
Coriander leaves: 4-5 strands chopped
Cinnamon: 1'' piece
Bay Leaf: 1
Oil: 3-4 tbspn
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a Pressure cooker, add cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf. Fry for a min.
2. Add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste, salt and turmeric. Saute for 3 mins.
3. Add Sprouts and fry for a min.
4. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and chilli powder.
5. Add rice and fry for a min.
6. Add yoghurt, water and coriander leaves. Boil on high heat for 5 mins. Close the lid and reduce the flame. Cook until done.
7. Add lemon juice and mix well.
8. Serve with Raitha.