Thursday, July 7, 2011
Bendekai Palya- Type 2
Bendekai(Okra/bhendi): 12-15 (chopped)
Onion(small): 1/2 (chopped)
Green chilli: 2 (cut it lengthwise)
Lemon: 1(squeeze out the juice)
Oil: 2-3 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tspn
Curry leaves: 5-6
Coconut powder: 1 tbspn
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add onion, salt and green chilli. Saute for a min.
3. In a bowl, add chopped bhendi and lemon juice. mix well.
4. Add this to Pan and cook till done.
5. Add coconut powder and mix well.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve as a side dish.