Friday, June 10, 2011
Vegetable Lemon Rice
Cooked Rice: 1cup
Onion (medium):1 ( cut it lengthwise)
Vegetables: 1/2 cup (finely chopped beans,carrot and peas)
Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
Oil: 6-7 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds(Jeera): 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Green chilli: 2-3
Coconut powder: 2 tbspn
Coriander leaves to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Add onion, green chilli, jeera, salt and turmeric powder. Saute for 3-4 min.
3. Now add mixed vegetables and cook till done.
4. Switch off the flame. Add lemon juice and Coconut powder.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.