Monday, June 27, 2011
Palak(Spinach): 1/2 bunch
Basmati Rice: 1cup
Water: 2 cups
Onion(medium): 1/2 (cut it lengthwise)
Peas: 1/4 cup
Mint leaves: 3-4 sprig( finely chopped)
Lemon juice: 4-5 tbspn
Bay leaf: 1
Cinnamon: 1 inch piece
Oil: 7-8 tbspn
Salt to taste
Ingredients for masala:
Coconut powder: 1/2 cup
Green chilli: 2-3
Coriander leaves: 5-6 strands
Garlic: 4-5 cloves
Ginger: 1/2 inch piece
1. Grind the ingredients for masala listed above and palak seperately adding less water. Keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a cooker, add bay leaf, cardomom, cloves and star anise.
3. Add onion, peas and mint leaves. Saute for 2mins.
4. Add the grinded masala and fry for 2mins.
5. Add grinded palak leaves and fry for a min.
6. Now add rice and fry for 2mins.
7. Add water, salt and lemon juice. Close the lid and Cook till done.
8. Serve hot with raitha.