Thursday, June 23, 2011
Rice: 3 cups ( cooked and lightly mashed)
Curd: 2 and half cups
Green chilli: 2-3 (cut it lengthwise)
Ginger: 1/2 tspn (grated)
Oil: 3-4 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tspn
Cumin(Jeera): 1/4 tspn
Urad dal: 1tspn
Red chilli: 2-3
Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Mix curd with the boiled rice. Add green chilli and salt. Mix well.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and jeera. when mustard starts to splutter, add curry leaves, red chilli, ginger and asafoetida.
3. Now add urad dal and fry till light brown in color.
4. Switch off the flame. Add this tempering to curd rice. Mix well.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
6. Serve with pickle.