Tuesday, January 3, 2012
All Purpose Flour/Maida: 1 1/2 cup
Rapid Rise Yeast: 1 tbspn
Milk: 1/4 cup lukewarm
Water: 1/4 cup lukewarm (add more if needed)
Oil: 3 tbspn
Sugar: 1 tbspn
Salt: 3/4 tspn
Onion: 1 cup (cut it lenghtwise)
Peas: 2 tbspn (Optional)
Green chilli: 1 finely chopped
Garam masala: 1/4 tspn
Chat masala: 1/2 tspn
Coriander leaves: 1 tbspn chopped
Oil: 1 tbspn
Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan and add onion, peas, salt, green chilli and turmeric powder. fry for 2-3 mins. Add garam masala and chat masala. fry for another 2 mins. switch off the flame and add coriander leaves. mix well and keep it aside.
1. In a large bowl, add maida, yeast, sugar, salt and mix well.
2. Add lukewarm water and milk and knead to a soft dough. Coat the dough with the oil and Cover and place the bowl in a warm place for an hour. Now the dough doubles in volume.
3. Punch down the dough and divide into equal parts.
4. Take each divided dough and make it like a disc as shown below.
5. Add 1-2 tbspn of stuffing and pull all the edges towards the center to cover the stuffing.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 F and arrange the buns in a baking tray and bake for about 15-20 mins or till top surface turns light golden brown in color.
7. Allow it to cool and enjoy with a cup of coffee :) .