Thursday, June 16, 2011
Puri / Poori
Wheat Flour: 2 cups
Water: 1 cup
Ajwain: 1/4 tsp ( Optional)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep fry
1. Mix the flour, salt, water and ajwain.
2. knead the dough well( It should be harder than the chapathi dough)
3.Cover and allow it to rest it for 5-10 mins.
4. Heat oil in a pan/Kadai on medium heat.
5. Make small balls out of the dough.
6. Press it with your palm. Roll it out using rolling pin to form a even disc using very less flour.
7. Check oil by putting a tiny bit of dough into the oil. If it raises immediately then oil is ready for frying.
8. Slide a Puri in a hot oil and gently press with a frying laddle. This helps Puris to puff up.
9. Flip the puri and fry on the other side till light golden brown in colour.
10. Drain out the excess oil.
11. Put it on a Paper towel.
12. Serve with Vegetable Saagu, Potato Palya or Chutney.